Agenda For March 20, 2013
Meeting to be held at Cortland Town Hall/ 7pm.
Posted March 15, 2013
Agenda: Cortland Community Library Board
March 20, 2013
Call to Order:
Minutes: Minutes of February 20, 2013 to be reviewed and possibly approved. Action possible.
Treasurer’s Reports: February financial reports to be reviewed and possibly approved. Action possible.
Librarian’s Report about February 2013 to be discussed.
- Hearing of Citizens
- LWT cooperative report
- Review of Budget for FY 2014 and possible approval. Action possible.
- Discuss motion to hire new director to begin working in 2016. Discussion of items for training to ease transition. Discussion and possible action.
- Report on progress of Fiber Optic Grant through NIU & DATA.
- Discuss monthly financial report format and possible revision of format. Possible action.
- Discuss financial report format. Is there a need to show “carry over” cash so the balanced budget is obvious. Possible motion.
- Summer Reading 2013 planning outlined to Board.
- Cortland Library has applied for an LSTA grant/ Back to Books/ $5000 for audiobooks
- April Election & 4 running for Cortland Library Board
- Report on success of “Winter Reading” program.
- Discussion of requirements for 2014 Per Capita Grant.
- Plan & discuss Board Training for new Board members
- Report of March 8, 2013 Library Customer Service workshop & planned action steps discussed by staff members.
- Candidates meeting public at library during programs, etc. All mayoral candidates invited after one requested to attend.
Mission Statement: Cortland Community Library is committed to supporting a lifelong enjoyment of reading and learning. At Cortland Community Library patron needs drive our services, which are delivered in a welcoming and respectful manner.